Wednesday, March 16, 2005

back in eastern market

well, i'm home.

i apologize for not winning. i am not the united states barista champion. but i am still a champion. in the hearts of so many. like my mom. and my fiance.

it was a lot of fun in seattle and a joy to compete alongside so many wonderful people who make wonderful coffee. superstars in the coffee world. to be 20th in the competition behind the nineteen ahead of me is an honor, even though i wanted to rank a bit higher.

and now...well, i guess i'm famous. i was part of a story nationally broadcast on npr on all things considered and locally on wamu (scroll down to "holy grail of espresso"). people have been wandering into the shop to see what all the press is about. hopefully we are delivering.

seattle was beautiful as always and we had great weather. my feet and legs are still a bit sore from all the walking and my mind is reeling from all that i learned from everyone this weekend.

No comments: